We're a Happy Bunch.
Join Base and be part of Customer Marketing history!
R&D Team Lead
Are you a passionate individual who thrives in a dynamic and collaborative environment? Do you want to make a real difference in the way businesses connect with their customers? If so, then Base is the perfect place for you!
Base is a ground-breaking startup revolutionizing the Customer Lifecycle Marketing (CLG) space. We offer a cutting-edge platform that empowers companies to refocus their efforts on customer engagement and drive growth.
At Base, you’ll join a team of talented, friendly and highly professional individuals. We believe in fostering a family-oriented culture where everyone’s contributions and opinions are valued. We also understand the importance of flexibility, which is why we offer a hybrid work environment..
We are seeking an experienced and motivated R&D Team Lead to join our team. As the R&D Team Lead, you will be responsible for leading and guiding a team of local and offshore engineers in an agile environment. You will drive the development and delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet customer needs and business objectives. You will also be responsible for building an R&D culture that strives for continuous improvement.
- Development and implementation of assigned tasks (this role includes 60% hands on coding).
- Assist with design decisions and demonstrate the ability to understand and improve product performance and stability through code and design reviews.
- Delegate responsibilities, and manage team workload to ensure timely delivery of project milestones.
- Drive the development and delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet customer needs and business objectives.
- Participate in sprint planning and discussions to provide technical insights.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment between technical and business goals.
- Proactively identify and address potential technical challenges and roadblocks.
- Develop, empower, and maintain a high-performing team of engineers, ensuring a great working environment and fostering a culture of communication, collaboration, knowledge share and innovation.
- Ensure reliable execution and delivery of projects by setting your teams up for successful delivery. This includes providing clear direction, removing obstacles, manage team workload, and ensuring the team is focused on business goals and held accountable for their deliverables
- Lead, motivate, and inspire a team of multidisciplinary engineers including backend developers, frontend developers, and QA engineers.
- Provide ongoing feedback to team members, conduct performance reviews, and set individual development goals for team members.
- Represent the R&D team in company-wide meetings and discussions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- At least 4 years of experience leading a backend development team
- 6+ years of recent hands-on coding and software design
- Proven success delivering high quality distributed systems with complex requirements in an Agile environment
- Experience in a startup environment
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Expert knowledge of Java 8+, Spring, Spring Boot, Messaging, REST, Event-Driven Architecture
- Experience with development of relational data models for MySQL and MongoDB
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented and component-based design principles
- Advanced English level, being able to articulate ideas and solutions to stakeholders
- Knowledge of microservices, SQL and NoSQL, RabbitMQ/Kafka, ELK, Redis
Cultural fit is key to your success within Base! The team is filled with social, friendly people who are all committed to the same goal – excellent, innovative digital work and client satisfaction. It is a flat structure, and the team collaborates, including the founders, who take a hands-on approach in the business.
Base is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
If you are interested in taking your career to the next level and working in a dynamic global SaaS startup, please apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (don't forget to list "R&D Team Lead" in email subject line)!